How do I remove odors from the cold storage room?
- Vinegar deodorization method: If fish preserved in the cold storage room leaves behind a heavy, lingering smell, the room is not really suitable for storing other food. Use a heated vinegar solution to remove the odors, as well as sterilize the rooms.
- Ozone deodorization method: ozone has a strong oxidation ability, which not only eliminates odors, but it also inhibits the growth of microbes. Odor is removed from the cold storage room with the use of an ozone generator. It should be noted however, that if the storage room contains fatty foods, in order to avoid oxidation and souring of the fat, ozone removal should not be the method used.
- Formaldehyde deodorization method：Move products outside of the cold storage room, and remove odors using a 2% formaldehyde solution (i.e. formalin solution).
How do I prevent the cold storage room from producing odors in the first place?
- There should be no odor before the goods are moved into the cold storage room. If there is an odor, odor treatment must be carried out before products can be moved into the room.
- Food must be checked before being moved into cold storage room. Any bad food must not be preserved in a cold storage room.
- Mutual infection foods can't be preserved in a same cold storage room.
- Cold storage rooms must be kept at a certain low temperature during cold processing of food. The frozen food cannot be transferred to other cold storage rooms.
- Strengthening the maintenance of cold storage equipment, the dumping of the good is strictly prohibited, in case of broken the pile line and leaking the refrigerant.
- When the temperature of the cold storage room cannot be lowered, determine why as soon as possible. Only after the cold storage room is operational, can it be used for goods processing and storage.